English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time for Whimsy

When the going gets tough, the tough remember to play (and sometimes they go shopping too). Sometimes you just have to find the balance, sometimes you just have to have some fun.

I will write some more about the things that have been going on, the humanitarian and health crises that are brewing but for now, let's just play. It's what I did, in the digital darkroom and by sticking my nose into some comic verse.

As Ogden Nash says...

On Breaking the Ice
Candy
Is dandy
But liquor
Is quicker


The Purple Cow
I never saw a Purple Cow,
I never hope to see one;
But I can tell you, anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one.
Gelert Burgess


Sequel to the Purple Cow
Ah, Yes! I wrote the "Purple Cow" -
I'm Sorry, now I wrote it!
But I can Tell you Anyhow,
I'll Kill you if you Quote it.
Gelert Burgess


A Case

As I was going up the stair

I met I man who wasn't there.

He wasn't there again today -

I wish to God he'd go away!

Anon



Opportunity

When Mrs Gorm (Aunt Eloise)

Was stung to death by savage bees,

Her husband (Prebendary Gorm)

Put on his veil, and took the swarm.

He's publishing a book next May

On "How to Make Bee-keeping Pay".

Harry Graham


Ultimate Reality

There was an old man in a trunk,

Who inquired of his wife, "Am I drunk?"

She replied with regret,

"I'm afraid so, my pet."

And he answered, "It's just as I thunk."

Ogden Nash


Until next time, go gently, be kind to one another - and remember to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment